One of the original Supreme Court benches is used in the North Hearing Room
The majority of Senate committee hearings take place in the North and South Hearing Rooms, located on the second floor of the Senate Building. These rooms served as courtrooms when the building was home to the Ohio Supreme Court from 1901 to 1974.

North Hearing Room

 
Pete Fact : An 1886 constitutional amendment provided that the Ohio Supreme Court be divided into two sections with three justices presiding in each courtroom. By the time the Judicial Annex was completed, the Supreme Court's composition had changed again. Since 1912, the Court has been composed of seven justices.
 
The bench in the North Hearing Room is original to the building. It was discovered in the attic and restored during the 1990s renovation.
 
 
Some of the largest Senate committees – those with twelve Senate members – usually meet in the South Hearing Room

South Hearing Room

The original bench that was once located in the South Hearing Room is now at Case Western Reserve University law school.
An old photo of the Supreme Court hearing room in what is now the South Hearing Room