Craig Applauds Funding for Franklin County Investment Projects
December 18, 2020
Today, state Senator Craig (D-Columbus) praised the Ohio Senate’s passage of the state’s Capital Budget, which includes almost $21 million for 35 economic development projects in Franklin County.
“These projects will assist in the growth of Columbus by supporting our health care and education systems and creating job opportunities during a time when Ohioans need it most,” said Craig. “It is no secret that people across the country are struggling, and this is an opportunity for our community to leverage these capital dollars to benefit all of Columbus.”
Local projects in the bill include:
- Comprehensive Addiction Center, $4.5 million
- East Side Dental Clinic, $500,000
- Workforce Development Training Center Goodwill, $300,000
- Jeffrey Mansion Renovation, $100,000
- Rickenbacker Woods Museum, $100,000
- Grandview Yard Recreational Trail, $150,000
The Capital Budget includes $2 billion in funding for capital improvement projects around the state. The bill now goes to the Governor for his signature.