This week, the Ohio Senate announced that state Senator Hearcel Craig (D-Columbus) will serve as ranking minority member of the Insurance and Financial Institutions, and Government Oversight and Reform committee in the 133rd General Assembly.
“I am excited to continue my work on behalf of the people of Ohio,” said Senator Craig. “I will fight to create public policy that promotes equity and fairness, seeks the common good, and builds ladders of opportunity for all Ohioans. It’s vital that we protect the institutions that help Ohioans gain stability.”
Senator Craig will also sit on the following committees:
- Local Government, Public Safety and Veterans Affairs
- Energy and Public Utilities
- Finance – General Government and Agency Review subcommittees
- Correctional Institution Inspection Committee (CIIC)
- Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review (JCARR)
Committee assignments generally correspond to senators’ policy interests and give them the opportunity to influence, alter and debate bills during the initial phase of lawmaking.