COLUMBUS—State Senator Mark Romanchuk
(R-Ontario) this week voted yes on the state's capital budget, a $3.5 billion investment in Ohio's infrastructure and local community projects.
The legislature generally approves a capital budget every two years, and the bill funds needed improvements to public services and facilities across the state, including schools, roads and bridges, and mental health and addiction facilities.
Mark Romanchuk (R-Ontario) secured more than $750,000 in funding for multiple projects across Ashland County.
“I am very pleased these projects received funding in this year’s Capital Budget,” Senator Romanchuk said. “These projects will bolster our communities.”Projects that have secured funding in Ashland include:
- Ashland Family YMCA $200,000
- Ashland County Airport Authority Flight School Project $150,000
- Urban Meadow Park Connector Trail $150,000
- Ashland County Corner Park $150,000
- Perrysville Weltmer Park - Playground $85,000
- Perrysville Weltmer Park - electrical $15,000
The Capital Budget will go to the Governor's desk for signing.