Senator Theresa Gavarone has served in the Ohio Senate since 2019 and is currently in her first full term after having previously served in the Ohio House since 2016. She represents the people of Erie, Ottawa and Wood counties and parts of Fulton and Lucas counties.
As a resident of Northern Ohio for over 35 years, Senator Gavarone has an extensive background representing the community, including serving on the Bowling Green City Council. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Bowling Green State University and a law degree from the University of Toledo College of Law, and is an active member of the Wood County Bar Association. She is also a member of the local Kiwanis group.
Senator Gavarone has worked on a variety of legislative issues in recent years. She is passionate about advocating for her constituents and many of the bills that she has championed were due to conversations she had with members of the community. Senator Gavarone has sponsored numerous bills on many different topics including elections security, religious freedom of expression, school bus safety, mental health care access, communications disabilities, cyber security, water quality and others.
In addition to her public service, Senator Gavarone is a small business owner and together with her husband Jim, owns Mr. Spots restaurant in Bowling Green.
Senator Gavarone and Jim have three children and reside in Bowling Green.
134th General Assembly Committee Assignments:
- Local Government and Elections Committee (Chair)
- Finance Committee (Vice-Chair)
- Judiciary Committee
- Small Business & Economic Opportunity Committee
- Rules & Reference Committee
- Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review (Chair)
- Ohio Ballot Board (Vice-Chair)
- Joint Legislative Committee on Adoption Promotion and Support
- Ohio Child Support Guideline Advisory Council
- Great Lakes Commission
- National Council of State Legislatures Redistricting & Elections Committee